- Create the folders where you want to keep the queue database and transaction logs. Make sure that the correct permissions are applied to the folders.
- In a Command prompt window, open the EdgeTransport.exe.config file in Notepad by running the following command:
- Modify the following keys in the
<add key="QueueDatabasePath" value="<LocalPath>" />
<add key="QueueDatabaseLoggingPath" value="<LocalPath>" />
- When you are finished, save and close the EdgeTransport.exe.config file.
- Restart the Microsoft Exchange Transport service by running the following command:
net stop MSExchangeTransport && net start MSExchangeTransport
Note: If the Exchange Transport Service didn’t started again after running above command go to Services and start it manually
To verify that you successfully created a new queue database and new transaction logs at a new location, do the following:
- Verify the new database files Mail.que and Trn.chk exist at the new location.
- Verify the new transaction log files Trn.log, Trntmp.log, Trnres00001.jrs, Trnres00002.jrs, and Temp.edb files exist at the new location.
- If you can delete the old queue database and transaction log files from the old location after the Microsoft Exchange Transport service has started, those files are no longer being used.